Thursday 16 February 2017

Day 13: Three confessions

30-Day Blogging Challenge

Day 13: Three confessions of your choice


1- I feel awkward and a little guilty about how much I love my skin. I think it's good to love yourself, and especially take care of your body and to love the literal skin you're in. And I do love the slight iridescence if the sun catches me just right, and being able to use the palest shades of foundation (hello Korean makeup!). But at the same time, it's sort of like a mark of the oppressor, like I feel I can't even say I like my skin without sounding racist, aryan supremacist, ignorant. I think all skin colors are beautiful, and I really wish I could love my own skin freely.

2- I hold grudges and I will never let them go. I try to be cool and chill and get along with everyone, but if you wrong me... I will never forget it. Not ever. I may or may not choose to sort of forgive you (as much as you can forgive without forgetting) but I will not let time heal the wounds. I will keep ripping the metaphorical scar and never ever forget how you wronged me. Ever.

1- One time, when I worked as a waitress for one week before I moved to Scotland, I dropped a piece of bread on the kitchen floor. The kitchen was kind of open-air and the floor was dusty and dirty. But I just picked it up, with my hands, put it in the foam container, and gave the meal to the customer. Didn't even feel guilty about it because everything about working there sucked. But I'm sorry now, innocent customer whose face I forgot. I'm sorry now.


Bonus: I slacked the challenge and I'm doing day 13, 14, 15 and 16 today. At least I didn't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment