Monday 22 August 2016

Story-telling

Since I changed jobs, I've had a lot more energy to devote to the things I enjoy doing, like reading, drawing, writing, taking pictures.
I've been thinking how I used to do a lot of little short videos when I was living in Holland, and I would record tunes to go with them.

Basically, I would say my level of talent and skill is very basic, but I don't think I've ever tried to make good music or good videos or good photography.
What I'm interested in is actually more story-telling. I wanna show you who I am, not by showing you my body, but by showing you my perspective.

Where I've been, what I've seen, what caught my eye. So when I take a picture, I'm asking you to come into me, to become me, even if for a fraction of a second, to enter my own perspective, what it was like to be me in that moment, the feeling that pushed me, the sight that moved me. I'm asking you to stand where I was standing, look at what I was looking, and hopefully feel what I was feeling.

And I think, that talking and interacting and sharing experiences together is a great way to know one another, but story-telling, in which ever form it may come, is the most intimate, the most vulnerable; it is the way of saying, "this is something that means a lot to me, something I wish people can see from me."

At the end of the day, it's all we have. Perspective, our own perception of the world, our own interpretations, our own priorities. And that's all I'm trying to show.


No comments:

Post a Comment