Wednesday 9 May 2012

The personal side.

I guess it's time to try something new and make a post about the personal perspective. Why not today?

I think I'm one of those people who have changed so much through the years that a sense of a defined personality gets almost lost. I obviously have a sense of who I am, I think knowing yourself is probably the one task you should spend the most time on. 
What I don't have, however, is the idea that I could not be any other way. I guess I don't really see myself as someone that exists beyond my will and my own choices.
Why does anyone?

I think anyone can be any kind of person that they want to be. Personally, I used to be almost an opposite of who I am today (even though I don't really believe in opposites). But at some point you have to wake up and realize that you don't have to do anything that you don't want to do. Please don't extrapolate, I'm talking about the small stuff. You don't absolutely have to get angry when someone insults you. I don't care if you think that's just your temper or your personality or your feelings. It's a choice to behave a certain way, and it's a choice to be a certain person.

I mean, I'm not saying that you shouldn't be any certain way, I just think that people should acknowledge that it's not out of their control who they are and what they do. 
Do people think about things like this or is it just me?


No comments:

Post a Comment